Madrid’s municipal elections will be on Sunday, 28 May 2023.
If you’re an EU citizen or from the following countries, you have the right to vote!
Bolivia, Cape Verde, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Iceland, Norway, New Zealand, Paraguay, Peru, South Korea, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United Kingdom.
Each of these countries has a reciprocal voting agreement for municipal elections.
To register to vote, you must have legally lived in Spain for:
- three years on the day of the vote for Norwegian nationals
- three years at the time of the application for United Kingdom nationals
- five years at the time of the application for the other countries
How to register to vote (non-EU citizens). Deadline: 15 Jan
Click here to access the registration page. It will look like the image below:
Here you have two options:
- If you have a digital certificate or have registered with the Cl@ve system, click ‘To access with Cl@ve’:
You should see the following page. Log in with your digital certificate or Cl@ve:
- Alternatively, if you received a letter in the post containing an electronic processing key (CTT), you can click on ‘To access NIE – CTT’:
- Once you’ve logged in with either the Cl@ve system or your CTT code, you should see the following screen. Choose ‘Yes’ in the Municipal Elections option and click ‘Send’:
An option to download a document will appear. Download it: it’s proof of your registration to vote.
How to register to vote (EU citizens). Deadline: 30 Jan
The process is easier for EU citizens. All you need to do is declare your intention to vote.
- Go to this page, download the form ‘Modelo DFA’ (highlighted below), complete it and send it to the Electoral Census Office:
- Or log into the website the system using the Cl@ve system and follow the instructions.
- Or make an appointment at any branch of Línea Madrid (OAC) by clicking here and selecting ‘Padrón y censo’, then ‘Censo electoral’.
Register to vote!
SUPPORT THIS BLOG
You may have noticed that this platform remains free of ads, sponsors and investors. Independence is everything and what we publish will not be influenced by those in a position of privilege, wealth or power. Therefore, I invite only our audience to support this platform and only you to help us keep doing what we do.
Support MNF for as little as €1 per month, which you can cancel at any time.